Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

Super Quick Update!

    Exciting things are happening here!  We closed (really,  we did!) on the little farm Wednesday.  This has been a very long, tiring, and emotional process.    Some of you may remember that we were going to rent the farmhouse two years ago.  That fell through a few times,  with the owners pushing the moving date further and further out.   Now,  we own the house - it's ours!  After a very emotional last minute negotiation,  we gain possession Saturday, July 9.  This is the first time that we can pack with full gusto - no reservations!  

  We have a lot of work ahead of us.  It is a very old farmhouse that has not been kept up very well over the past year. Cleaning,  repairing, and settling in will fill our days for the next few months.  I know we will round those days out with time in the garden, sprinkler,  barn, and for the little boys,  in the trees! 

  Oh the trees!!!  The property is littered with big old trees.  Our lot here in the city has no trees at all.  We will have a place to hang bird feeders, hammocks, and tree houses!

  We will slowly be adding some farm animals too.  We have two Black Australorps on the way from a dear friend thinning her flock. We are all looking forward to that first fresh egg retrieved from our very own chicken! Goats will be next,  one of the boys is so eager to have a goat.  He is especially keen on the idea of cheese and soap making.    We are considering a pig next spring,  and eventually a mini dairy cow!

  Like I said,  many exciting things are happening here.  We are eager to get down to the business of making the farm our home.  I'm sure my internet access will be interrupted soon,  but I will keep my camera handy and update when I am able.

Ad majorem Dei gloriam!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Lisa I am just so thrilled for you all! I know it's been hard. May God bless you as you move forward in this adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best on your new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just want to say how happy I am for your family after the long road you have been down toward finding a home for you all!! I'm sure it will be a very happy Saturday. God bless you all during this time of transitions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been reading your blog for quite awhile now and understand what a dream come true this is for all of you! God Bless your new home and your family...looking forward to hearing all about your experiences :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have just found your blog, I am so happy for you, your farm house looks lovely..
    Nell

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just wanted to thank you for your baby wrap tutorials. I recommended it on MOMYS to your old blog, just fyi. Thank you, it's a lifesaver right now! :D

    Rebecca~Mama to 10under13

    ReplyDelete